Going to model open casting calls can stir up all the feels - Excitement, Hope, Anxiety, etc. The best way to approach anything is with the most amount of knowledge you can get so that you are prepared to navigate anything that is thrown your way. WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
Here are are a few bullet points to help answer some great questions you may have on what to wear to a model open casting call. Watch the video below to get the full details!
IMPORTANT: Make sure you read through the requirements carefully for the casting call. Some may have specific details on what you should wear to their casting.
- WEAR WHATEVER DISPLAYS YOUR PERSONAL STYLE.
- You do not have to wear all black.
- You do not have to wear heels
- You do not have to wear all skin tight clothes (Though you do want to wear something a bit form fitting so they can see your body structure clearly - ex: tighter top and baggier bottoms)
- It's okay to wear vibrant colors but we suggest not wearing patterns that are too distracting. Keep it simple and clean
- No sweats or flip flops
- you can rock accessories if you want
- Jewelry is fine but nothing over the top or distracting - ex: hula hoops for earrings.
- Boots or Kicks are fine
- Try to stay away from anything TOO revealing.
- Don't wear super platform heels
- We suggest wearing your hair in a low, slicked-back ponytail (part in center or side)
- If you have shorter hair, wear it how you would naturally wear it but make sure it doesn't hide/cover your face.
- Braids or natural is great
- Natural "no makeup" makeup. Its okay to wear makeup to the casting but don't put on a full face of glam makeup. It should look effortless and clean. No full coverage foundation.
- No False Lashes
- No bright lipsticks
- No heavy eyeliners
- It is okay to have skin imperfections. Do your best to practice a great skincare routine morning and night leading up to your castings.
- Wash your face morning and night
- use a hydrating moisturizer after washing
- Use SPF everyday
- Industry tip: a good amount of models are on Accutane for their acne management. Consult a dermatologist if interested
- PACK OPTIONS
- Put a different top or bottom in your model bag in case the casting directors/scouts want to see you in an alternative outfit - always be over prepared. (ex: If you war wearing a looser tee, pack a tighter tank)
- WRINKLE FREE
- Try your best to wear something that doesn't have a ton of wrinkles.
- Iron or Steam your clothing the night before or morning-of your casting.
CLICK HERE to get some great inspo for your next casting outfit!